I love MAC lipsticks. They’re good quality, long lasting, come in a range of colours and textures, and make up the majority of my lipstick collection. I do use (and love) a variety of other brands, from drugstore to high end, but I thought I’d share my top 10 best MAC lipsticks.
From left to right: CREME CUP, CROSSWIRES, LADY DANGER, MORANGE, GIRL ABOUT TOWN, RUSSIAN RED, RUBY WOO, VEGAS VOLT, IMPASSIONED, REBEL.
1. Creme Cup. One of my favorite nude lipsticks. It has just enough pink in it so I don’t look undead when I wear it! Flattering on a wide variety of skin tones, too.
2. Crosswires. This is the lovechild of a bright and neutral lipstick. A slight pop of color somewhere between rose and coral.
3. Lady Danger. The newest addition to my MAC lipstick family, and possibly my favorite. A vibrant orange-red.
4. Morange. A true, bright orange. I find it a bit much worn on its own, but paired with a red gloss, it’s glorious.
5. Girl About Town. My go-to lipstick when I want a bright pink lip. A blue-toned pink, which makes teeth look super white. Bonus! Another lipstick that’s flattering on practically everyone.
6. Russian Red. This was the first MAC lipstick I ever bought! It is much raved about, and for good reason. It’s the classic, pin-up red.
7. Ruby Woo. Very, very similar to Russian Red, but more matte and dry in texture. A bit brighter than its ‘comrade’, and looks fantastic on fair complexions.
8. Vegas Volt. A bright, creamy coral. A perfect summer shade!
9. Impassioned. A nearly neon, red-toned pink. Looks nice worn alone, or mixed with a bit of Girl About Town to cool it down a bit.
10. Rebel. My favorite fall/winter shade. A black cherry lipstick that’s bright in one swipe and gets darker and more vampy the more layers you apply. Looks especially nice paired with an understated neutral eye.
All of these are lipsticks in MAC’s permanent line, and are available in store or online here.
And here are swatches of each of them, in the same order. As you can see, they’re all richly pigmented and very creamy (with the exception of Ruby Woo, which is quite dry).
L to R: Creme Cup, Crosswires, Lady Danger, Morange, Girl About Town, Russian Red, Ruby Woo, Vegas Volt, Impassioned, and Rebel.
Do you have a favorite MAC lipstick? Let me know in the comments! x